Slovenian surprise of the year is Jožef Prus
Due to the number of wine samples and participating countries, the Decanter wine assessment is one of the best overviews of the situation in the wine market, believes Robert Gorjak. Jožef Prus from Bela krajina, from the winegrowing country Posavje, received two golden medals, for the Yellow Muscat icewine 2007 and Traminer icewine 2007.
- 3 medals – two golden and one silver – or 75 percent of medals of the Posavje winegrowing country this year at the Decanter’s wine assessment went to the best Bela krajina winemaker, Jožef Prus.
- This year the regional Decanter’s jurors assessed 12,252 wine samples.
- 161 samples arrived from Slovenia.
- 119 Slovenian wines received Decanter awards: we have two regional champions, six golden, 27 silver, 51 bronze medals and 33 recommendations.
- 200 experts assessed wine samples, more than 50 of them or one fifth of all world wine assessors had obtained the title Master of Wine.